Just got new Garn Controller

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kemer

Hearth Supporter
Feb 26, 2008
Northeast Pa
Ups just dropped off my new controller.I'm going to read up on it and install.I will report back soon

Looking forward to hearing about what it does and how it works.

BTW, what is a "Garn vertical?" Is it just that the exhaust goes out the top? If so, how does it deal with the condensate that occurs early in the burn?

Those got delivered fast...UPS must be working overtime!!! Can't wait to hear how these preform as I really like the idea of shutting the fan off when the flue temp is close to the water temp. This seems like a excellent way to control the Garn, allot better than just a timer.

I have no condensation problems.Even with the first fire.Yes my chimney is vertical

I am not sure about the physical differences, but the vertical chimney version costs slightly less, but the chimney costs slightly more.

Uncommon to see a photo of a vertical install (hint)

I'm not good on a computer.One finger typing.How to post pictures are on my to do list

Status
Not open for further replies.