Jotul wood stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
It is definitely an older catalytic Jotul that historically wasn't their best design. I'd seriously look for a used/new 3CB non cat, the current 3 model. If it is free (the 3tdic), parts are as BG said, mostly still available but expensive. You need a well drafting chimney system for it to work well too. I'd run...

I see that the wiseway is not problem free. Too bad, it sounded like a good set up. Well the jotul looks in good condition, I will buy an extra cat for it and just use it. It takes a 6" stove pipe. Is that a common size? If I get rid of the jotul down the road, I would like to be able to use the existing chimney.

I didn’t see the model of Jotul you have. Did I miss it?