Jotul rockland blower problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Ctwoodtick

Minister of Fire
Jun 5, 2015
Southeast CT
just notifed this morning the actual blower speed on my Rockland was blowing at about 1/3 strength although it’s on high. I have already unplugged and plugged blowers back in with no luck. The speed does change when I turn the dial but again the “high” speed is much lower than normal. What’s the fix?

Interestingly, I just noticed that if I dial back on the dial just a touch from all the way high, I get full speed! I think this is now resolved?

Could be the rheostat is breaking down or getting dirty.

Any fix for it if it was getting dirty? I could vacuum outside if it but not sure if that would do it.

Normally no, vacuuming won't help. Some are sealed units. If there is a little gap in the rheostat body sometimes one can spray in some contact cleaner.