Jotul Rockland 550 blower repair

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Toomb

Oct 27, 2015
Rochester, ny
While loading the stove, I accidentally hit the heat shield at the top of the stove with the ash shovel. The blower turned off. I actually tripped the breaker. I went down to the basement reset the breaker. The blower works but the fan speed controler isn't working. Any thoughts on repair or replacement? Electrical stuff is not my strong suit......chris

Isn't the rheostat the sensor that turns the fan on/off in Auto mode? I agree, i have replaced myself, not too bad.
But is that the problem here? Sounds like the blower is working, but you cannot adjust the speed of the fan?

Isn't the rheostat the sensor that turns the fan on/off in Auto mode? I agree, i have replaced myself, not too bad.
But is that the problem here? Sounds like the blower is working, but you cannot adjust the speed of the fan?
That sounds like the thermostatic snap switch. The rheostat is what controls the blower motor speed.

That sounds like the thermostatic snap switch. The rheostat is what controls the blower motor speed.
That makes sense, thanks for clarifying. Either way, i agree, pretty easy to swap out yourself.

Yes. The fans work but i cannot adjust the speed. I ordered replacement.......a google search revealed a cheap one that other 550 owners have used.Will see what happens. Thanks for the responses.