Jotul Oslo temp gauge spot

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Smokyjeff1

May 7, 2017
Central New Jersey
Hey guys I recently got my rebuilt Oslo up and running and I’m wondering what is the optimal spot to read temp.Ive heard conflicting suggetions such as front upper right or top back right etc.Can someone give me the proper and true place to read temp.I have tried both of these positions and get drastically different readings.

The Jotul F500 manual shows the thermometer at any of the four corners on the top. I find the rear corners to be more convenient.

Any of the four corners . . . I found the right rear corner to be the hottest corner consistently.

As stated above any of the four corners. I used to get different reading from each temp gauge I had on each top corner. My summit insert is the same I have two temp gauges on each side above the door. Two different readings, as long as they both are close and don't go into the red I'm not to concerned.