Jotul F600 help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ajgrna82

Jan 19, 2016
Rhode Island
I have an F600 that the previous homeowners installed in 2008. It has been running fine and all of the gaskets are good. About a month ago I noticed ash accumulating in the back under the stove. This week I shut the side door after loading wood and noticed a few embers shoot out of the back onto the same spot. After shining a light under it I can see light coming in where what I think is the back burner plate meets the bottom of the stove(inside). Is this normal? Is it supposed to be sealed on the bottom with stove cement?
Concerned I need the stove rebuilt. Thanks in advance

Attachments

• Jotul F600 help
    image.jpeg
    207.3 KB · Views: 185
  • Jotul F600 help
    image.jpeg
    23 KB · Views: 157
I'd vacuum it out, wipe it down with a damp rag, and seal that area with a healthy bead of furnace cement per directions. You don't want an air leak back there.

Like begreen says you need to seal the area up. There is one bolt holding the back centre plate on, it's called the air manifold and it channels the secondary air to the burn tubes. It should be removed and sealed with furnace cement for a fix to your problem and proper functioning of the stove.

Reactions: huauqui
Status
Not open for further replies.