Jotul F600 chimney connector install help?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

HiddenFalls

Nov 30, 2019
NE Iowa
Hi All!

First time poster here. So grateful for all the good info! We're installing our new-to-us Jotul F600 and looking for advice:

1) I'd like to use a double-walled ss pipe without paint (don't like the smell of the paint when it gets hot). What are durable, dependable brands of ss double walled for the long-haul?

2) Will I need an adaptor of some kind to connect a double walled pipe to the F600?

3) What's the smartest way to run the chimney connector pipe in this installation (pics attached)? I'm assuming vertical run and then angles as needed near the thimble? Can you tell what angles I'd need?

The stove pipe is entering a masonry chimney w/ clay liner, on the main floor of a 2 story house w attic (so I'm guessing there's about 16' of vertical rise from thimble to top of chimney outside).

As you can see, the stove is offset from thimble (~13" horizontally from center of stove collar to center of thimble, and 52" vertical).

Thanks for any advice you can offer!

Attachments

• Jotul F600 chimney connector install help?
    20191130_125658.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 158
  • Jotul F600 chimney connector install help?
    20191130_125713.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 155
Where are you seeing double wall stove pipe without paint?
Connector pipe offset’s are 45 degrees. So you’d want to put a vertical piece with a slip section, then an elbow at the appropriate height. You will need a stove top adapter.

Who makes unpainted double-wall connector pipe?

Connector pipe offset’s are 45 degrees. So you’d want to put a vertical piece with a slip section, then an elbow at the appropriate height. You will need a stove top adapter.
Thanks Webby!
May I ask, what's a slip section? And any recommendation on an adapter for this particular stove? (It asks for 6" pipe)

I can't recall seeing this in double-wall, only in single-wall.

Reactions: HiddenFalls
I’ll Be shocked if you can find it. Double wall chimney sure, stove pipe though? The stovetop adaptor will be specific to the pipe you choose. The offgassing from double wall is very minimal anyway.

Reactions: HiddenFalls
I'm having a hard time visualizing how this is going to hook up, with the offset..is there math involved? ==c
Can't you use single-wall pipe, or is it too close to that wood? Then you could paint it brown. I think that would look better than a silver pipe..
Oh, I guess the angles would match up as long as the pipe is parallel to the wall..?
Two 45s?

Last edited:
I'm having a hard time visualizing how this is going to hook up, with the offset..is there math involved? ==c
Can't you use single-wall pipe, or is it too close to that wood? Then you could paint it brown. I think that would look better than a silver pipe..
Oh, I guess the angles would match up as long as the pipe is parallel to the wall..?
Two 45s?
I don’t know If double wall is needed or not. The offset is a very simple install, 2 45’s...
I painted the pipe on one of my brown enamel stoves metallic brown, it was nice looking I think.

Last edited:
I painted the pipe on one of my brown enamel stove metallic brown, it was nice looking I think.
Hey, he's got a rusty brown pipe leaning against the wall in the second pic. Just what the doctor ordered..leave it out in the rain a few more weeks, then wax it! ;lol

2-45s, with a telescope tube between (slip section), and 90elbow to turn into the exit flue, or something similar, that's what I see.
Need to get the offset in there somehow, then turn.
Could just turn the 90 to a 45 degree angle leaving the thimble, then only 1 additional 45 would be needed.