Jotul F45 Stove Pipe Termination

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Crab

Hearth Supporter
Oct 17, 2006
Easton, Maryland
Have any of you F45 Greenville owners used double wall stove pipe to connect to the stove?? What manufacturer did you use and was a collar adapter needed?? Any problems attaching? Thanks

Reactions: CASEMAN2011
I have an F55 and used Ventis double-wall. I have a sliding section for cleaning. Good quality. I'm satisfied.

It attached directly to the stove and I used their adapter for the ceiling.
Jotul F45 Stove Pipe Termination

Thank you. So you did not buy the stove collar adapter? Were you able to screw the lowest section of pipe to the stove collar or is it just a friction fit?

I can't remember at this point. It looks like there's a small section that goes on the stove outlet under the damper section. If that's the adapter, then I've got one.Jotul F45 Stove Pipe TerminationJotul F45 Stove Pipe Termination

Thank you. So you did not buy the stove collar adapter? Were you able to screw the lowest section of pipe to the stove collar or is it just a friction fit?
It's going to depend on the brand of pipe. I don't recall needing an adapter for DVL connecting to the Castine for example and there is none needed for the same pipe on the T6. but other brands of pipe and different stove flue collars may require one.

Many thanks for the replies and Knots thanks for the pics. It appears the collar on the F55 is different then my F45. But of course it is covered by your pipe so can't be sure.

I attached 3 pics. The first is my old CDW with a symmetrical cylindrical collar with straight sides. Very easy to attach double wall The other 2 pics are of my F45. Note that the front half of the collar tapers out quickly. That taper doesn't affect single wall but the outer wall of double wall contacts it. I bought some DVL with an adapter that I promptly took back as it would have to have serious trimming to give anywhere near a snug fit inside the collar due to that taper on the collar I found that my straight pipe fits snugly and with a little crimping of the inner wall and perhaps a little trimming on the outer wall it will install far enough in the collar to have a safe and snug fit. Thanks again.

Attachments

• Jotul F45 Stove Pipe Termination
    IMG_0160.JPG
    155.3 KB · Views: 133
    IMG_0166.JPG
    113.9 KB · Views: 142
    IMG_0164.JPG
    114.3 KB · Views: 128
I only found one picture from before the pipe went on. Not the best. Of course the manual is available online.

Attachments

IMG_0455.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 180
Thanks Knots for the photo but I would need to see the collar looking from the side of the stove. I looked at the manual, the part # for your collar is not the same as mine. In the Duravent DVL installation instructions it does state that you can use pipe instead of the adapter to connect to the collar if it fits and also if needed the inside pipe of the double wall can be crimped to fit better I have crimped it slightly and it fits nice and snug and far enough into the collar to get a screw thru the two holes in the collar to secure it. I want it secured at the collar as I have a short vertical run to a 90 into the thimble not a solid long length of pipe above it like you do. Thanks again, take care.