Jotul F3CB

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Agiancarli

Feb 8, 2018
New Jersey
Hi Everyone,

Looking at a Jotul F3CB. Owner says its the newer model without the bar across the glass door. They are asking $1500 which include 25’ of stainless steel chimney liner with adapters on both ends. Not sure how old the stove is.

Is the Jotul F3CB a good model. I read some reviews on another forum and there were quite a bit of bad reviews. Would like to get your thoughts.

Thank You,
Anthony

I'm surprised you have read bad reviews for this stove. It's a willing little stove with many happy owners. The main negative is that it is small and therefore will not sustain an overnight burn and the air control is a bit stiff. I prefer the air control on the larger Jotuls, but the fit and finish of the F3CB is very good and it's easy to operate. The price seems a bit high and I'd be leery of buying a used liner if it isn't heavy duty. For point of reference, I paid $1349 for an F3CB in blue-black enamel around 2005. You might want to call around and see if you can get a good price on a new one or floor model.

Reactions: webby3650
Hi Gegreen,

Thank you for your reply. Much appreciated.

Checking prices on the web shows stove is north of $1900.

This where I found the bad reviews. http://www.wiseheat.com/reviews/16776/Jotul-F-3-CB

I hope it’s OK to post this link and I’m not violated any forum rules.

Also, along with the stove the owner is selling 25’ of (what he says is) heavy guage stainless steell liner with adapters on both end. Pricing that new seems to run about $600.

At your convenience, please let me know what you think.

Anthony