Jotul F3CB deconstruction & reassembly

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bwells794

Jul 22, 2015
Virginia
Just studying up on my stove so that I am familiar with it inside and out. While eyeing the parts explosion diagram, It looks like the sides each bolt to the back and front plates respectively with one bolt, and the back and front plates each bolt to the bottom plate with 2 bolts and the lid sits down on top and fastens with the two 3mm screws. Is there any welding together of these pieces done at the factory or are the inside seams just sealed with some sort of cement? I haven't taken the top off mine and don't reckon I will until after this first burning season just to visually inspect that everything is still in safe working order. I don't want to be dependent on the labor of others with anything concerning this stove so I want to know i have the know-how to tear it down and build it back up in the event I have to replace something.

Cast iron is always sealed with furnace cement (hence the name).

Hi Bwells- yep, cast plates bolted together and sealed along the seams by furnace cement. The top is gasketed, the ash housing, the ash housing door and the front door is gasketed. Should not have to worry about any re-sealing for years to come. The door gaskets are the biggest maintenance item, but they will last many seasons too. Good luck, the F3 is one tough cookie of a stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.