Jotul F3 install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

robjkc

Dec 21, 2016
Springfield MO
Thought I would post a few pictures of my stove install. I'm still working on the remodel but I wanted to get some heat while I wok on the interior. I plan on building a hearth at some point

I struggled with were to locate the stove as I didn't have a lot of good options. It's centrally located between the kitchen and front room but I'm not sure if I like the look of the chimney on the front of the house, and the pipe in the bedroom (which will be boxed in) is less than desirable.

I did a small burn on the stove and got it up to 450 degrees before shutting it down.

The total price was about $2000 ($300 for the stove on craigslist, Selkirk Ultratemp for around $1200, and installation for $500).

All in all, I'm pretty happy. Just hoping that the chimney placement doesn't bug me too much.

Jotul F3 install Jotul F3 install Jotul F3 install .

Good deal on the stove. Is this the Jotul F3CB or an earlier version like the F3 -TD? Yes, that pipe would bug me too.

Thanks for the reply. Yes, it's the CB version. Although I really like having the wood stove, I think this pipe is going to bug me too much. I'll most likely just remove the stove (a lot of roof work) and figure out what to do next.

The F3CB is a very willing little area heater. Good looker too.
If it will help, post the floor plans for both floors and we can play around with it.

Yeah, I really like the stove. That's what prompted me to get it installed, but I should have thought more about placement. Here's my floor plans. I put in the placement of the stove as it is now. Thanks for the advice!

Jotul F3 install Jotul F3 install

The current location is good because it's central. At this stage with partitions, window and doors in place the options become harder. Here are two. One just moves it into the downstairs family room. The other is more radical. In it move the LR door and put it in the corner.

Jotul F3 install Jotul F3 install

Wow, thanks for the help! I'm wondering how you updated my floor plan pictures now :).

I can't move the door but I like the idea of the family room location. My other options are to move it to the shop or sell what I can. At this point I won't worry about it until the Spring when I could remove the stove and patch the roof, etc. I'm really kicking myself for making this mistake, but I'll enjoy it for now.

Thanks again!
Robert

Status
Not open for further replies.