Jotul f3 cb flue collar necessary?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here

jasper82

Sep 1, 2024
massachussetts
Hey I just picked up a used Jotul F3cb and need to switch it from back to top-venting. It didn't come with a flue collar and the new ones I can find online are around $170. Can I just fit a standard adapter piece in instead? It would sleeve into the stove instead of sitting on top like the jotul collar but maybe that's ok? Anybody with experience in this? Thanks!

I think you’d have a hard time securing the stovepipe to the stove, but more important than what I’d say, is what would your insurance company say? I’d hate to try to explain why they should pay for the multi thousand dollar claim (and possible deaths involved) when the stove wasn’t installed correctly.

issues I see with a standard adapter are size and how far into the stove it will protrude. This has come up enough search the forum and see what has been done.