Jotul F100 Clearance Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

sesro1978

Hearth Supporter
Dec 23, 2008
Vermont, USA
Hi-

I was just looking over the manual for my F100 and noticed that on pg. 12, the clearances listed for single and double wall connectors seem to be reversed or at least I don't understand the logic.

Measurement A (single wall connector) is listed as 15" of side clearance for an unprotected surface. Measurement E (double wall connector) is listed as 17" of side clearance for an unprotected surface. It seems to me that the more protection (i.e. double wall) there is, the less clearance to a combustible would be required.

I asked my dealer about this but haven't received an answer. Anyone here know if these are in fact, reversed, or has anyone asked Jotul? I just tried calling their US line and was transferred to their technical department where I left a message.

The driver behind this question is that the stove is installed and I noticed last night that both the back wall (where we have 13" of clearance) and the side wall (where we have 15.5" of clearance) are getting hot - not so hot I can't touch the wall but hot.

Thanks for any help!

Jotul F100 Clearance Question

This is the online manual from https://jotul.com/us/products/wood-stoves/jotul-f-100-nordic-qt-cf#technical-area