Jotul Castine Gaskets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ski-Patroller

Sep 23, 2013
Govenment Camp, OR
I'm trying to figure out exactly where the Two 8" flat gaskets (Jotul Part #33 go in the firebox) MIne came out when I removed the Secondary Air Chamber (#39) to clean the flue. From the drawing it looks like they might go between the side Burn Plates and Top Plate, but if so, I don't see why they would have come out when I removed the Secondary Air Chamber. I didn't figure this out before I put the stove back together and consequently left these two short pieces out. I think I will remove the bolts holding the Stove Top so I can go in through the top next time.

Has anyone else had to deal with these? I got the baffle out and back in with no huge problems, but I don't think the Secondary Air is working as well as it did before cleaning the flue..

I agree with you. Looks like they are formed to fit the undersiside of the Secondary Air Chamber.
It could be that the adhesive side was UP & they were attached to the SAC.
There may have been enough adhesive holding them in position UNTIL you removed it...

Status
Not open for further replies.