Jotul c450 surround removal

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

newbie1kenobi

Jan 9, 2017
SE Pa.
We're looking at getting a pretty bad snow storm here on Wednesday, and I'm worried about losing power and not having heat. As per the manual, I see there is a normal male 3-pronged plug on the other end of the power cord leading to the blower...I had this stove professionally installed and I'm thinking that 3 pronged plug is on the inside of our old fireplace behind the right side surround . Anyone know how to remove the surround to gain access to said plug...incase I need to connect it to my generator.

Thank you in advance!!!

It will be the reverse of installing the surround on page 12 of the manual. Have metric wrenches handy.
Jotul c450 surround removal

It will be the reverse of installing the surround on page 12 of the manual. Have metric wrenches handy.
View attachment 269290
Thank you...was hoping not to have to disassemble it completely...and my surround is pretty flush. Not allowing alot of room to jam a wrench in there.....I tried tryin to find a plug that would fit the male vertical connection prongs....but to no avail....looks like i need a "break-out box" installed....thank you for your time!!

The surround panel just hangs in place. Move the insert out an inch and carefully lift it off with a helper. Don't use the trim rod as a handle.

Reactions: newbie1kenobi