Jotul c450 door latch issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

EJobson2001

Mar 13, 2018
Connecticut
Had anyone had issues with their jotul c450 insert not latching? I bought this insert 3 years ago and the other night I went to close it and the unit would not latch. I thought the gasket was getting caught somewhere but it still won't latch with no gasket. I looked at the latch assembly and nothing appears to be bent. Also this unit has a blower built in and since I've bought I've never felt any hot hot air coming out of it except for the radiant heat. Thank Eric

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

paging @stovelark Jotul questions in your neighborhood. On high speed you should definitely hear and feel hot air blowing over the top of the insert.

Hi E- Is the Model you have a single door or two doors latching in the center? The single door version uses the same catch and latch system... if its not latching, I'd check the latch to see if its meeting up with it. Pictures to your dealer would help as well. For the blower, its a two speed toggle switch (hi/lo). If the snap disc is not located properly and heating up, the blower won't come on. Check power to it too... Your dealer will be able to help out if necessary.