Jotul 602C

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

RichL35

Hearth Supporter
Feb 10, 2009
Halifax, MA
Has anyone ever tried to put a new door (with the glass) from a 602cb on an older 602 with the solid door? Does anyone know why this might not work?

Thanks,
Rich

I've never done it, but.... would it work? Yes. Would it work better than the standard door? Unlikely.

Do you think the door would function as it does on the newer 602? Would the glass stay clean? Would it be safe?

I would like to be able to see the fire.

Thanks,
Rich

RichL35 said:
Do you think the door would function as it does on the newer 602?
Yes, it would function equally poorly. It's not a good air feed design. Couple that with an uninsulated firebox, I wouldn't do it. The airfeed on the original door works pretty well.

Would the glass stay clean?
Probably.

Would it be safe?
Can't say.

I would like to be able to see the fire.
Understood - I've been there. Replaced my old 602 with the new CB. Totally different critter. My advice would be, if you want to see the fire, get a stove designed with glass on front.

Status
Not open for further replies.