Jotul 602C

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jimplumb

Nov 9, 2021
santa cruz
Does the Jotul 602C have inserts on the bottom and back of the stove? Just bought a used one and believe it's missing a bottom and back insert.
Can you buy these and if so where otr do I just fab them out of steel plate? If so is there a picture of one anywhere?

Is this about the F602CB or an earlier F602 model?

The stove has 602C cast into the front. I sewarched thru this forum after posting my questions and found what I believe I need. Apparently the stove is missing a back heat shield and a floor plate as well. I'll fabricate them from some 5/16 " diamond plate.
Thank you for your response. How would I know the exact model?

Reactions: MR. GLO
OK, that's an old, pre-EPA model. We have one. The floor burn plate is important. It had a thin layer of mineral insulation under it. You could substitute 1/2" kaowool ceramic insulation. It's recommended to put a 1/2" layer of sand down before the first fire for further protection of the firebox floor.

There is no rear burn plate in it, but I put one in.

Moving the thread to the Classic Forum. There are several other 602 threads there.