Jotul 602 vs Jotul 100

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Willywilly2020

Aug 20, 2020
Oregon
Hi all,

I am trying to decide between the Jotul 603 and the Jotul Nordic 100 for a small mountain cabin (<300sqft). Roughly similar price, but the guy at the store seems to really be pushing the 100.

Any thoughts on which of the two is a better stove? Or what considerations I should make when deciding?

Thanks in advance!

Do you mean the Jotul 602 v2? The Jotul Nordic F100 is not a 2020 approved stove. The store should not legally be promoting it unless this is a used stove. It is no longer sold new, so the F 602v2 is the only choice right now. It's a good cabin stove and takes a longer piece of wood than the older F100.

The location tag in your avatar is not correct. It says Yilt2004. Could you change this in your avatar settings to the correct area?

Thank you! I did mean the 602. Regarding the 100, I have someone who will sell me one despite EPA regulations.
Was just curious if anyone had a preference between the two.

The F100 will provide a better fire view, the F602 will provide a bit longer burn time with no anxiety of a log rolling up against the glass. Regardless of the choice plan on getting up at 3 or 4am in the winter for a reload.

I'll add that the 602 has a nice cooking plate you may find comes in handy.

I'll add that the 602 has a nice cooking plate you may find comes in handy.
I just got a 602 cb to replace my ten year f 100 both are clean burners my f100 has no trace of smoke once it reaches temp but it was discontinued I guess they could not figure a way to bring it up to today’s standard, the 602 cb is not going to be available when the 602 eco is approved in the US. I believe we are on the road to do away with wood stoves altogethe.