Jotul 3 CB foot print?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

anavant

Feb 28, 2014
Morris County, NJ
Hello all. Brand new to the forum and have a basic question. My Jotul 3CB's manual states all the clearance minimums for walls and ceiling, but does not state the area around the stove on the floor that needs to be covered.

Any ideas?

Jotul 3 CB foot print?

No, that was straight from the manual. Rear venting in a corner is a bit unusual. Why not top vent?

So it is venting out of the rear and then through a side wall? That may introduce a draft problem. Speak with your Jotul dealer about this.

For fireplace installs and straight out the back venting. In a corner case the flue gases will need to take an immediate 90 deg turn to meet the thimble, then out the wall and into another 90 deg turn before heading up the chimney. Those two 90s right out of the stove, on a horizontal plane are going to be hard on draft. I'm not saying it won't work, but it is possible that it could lead to smoke pouring out of the stove whenever the stove door is opened.

For fireplace installs and straight out the back venting. In a corner case the flue gases will need to take an immediate 90 deg turn to meet the thimble, then out the wall and into another 90 deg turn before heading up the chimney. Those two 90s right out of the stove, on a horizontal plane are going to be hard on draft. I'm not saying it won't work, but it is possible that it could lead to smoke pouring out of the stove whenever the stove door is opened.

Thanks for the description.. it really helps !

Status
Not open for further replies.