Jotul 121 UL plate

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
If you don't have the tag legally it is an unlisted stove and all clearances revert back to unlisted defaults

If you don't have the tag legally it is an unlisted stove and all clearances revert back to unlisted defaults
What is the statute behind this? If the owner still has the stove documentation and the manual shows the UL listing, but the label has burned off (as some do), is there no recourse for the homeowner?

What is the statute behind this? If the owner still has the stove documentation and the manual shows the UL listing, but the label has burned off (as some do), is there no recourse for the homeowner?
Hey may be able to contact the manufacturer to get a plate re issued

Reactions: KustomElg
What is the statute that legally mandates this?

What is the statute that legally mandates this?
I don't know I will try to find it. I just know from talking to manufacturers. I assume they know the law concerning the listings of their products. But I will look

Reactions: KustomElg
Thanks. Too many UL labels are shoddy stick on things that fade, or the glue dries and they fall off. Seems if there is a law requiring a label, then a metal plate riveted on should be mandated too. Otherwise, people just treat them like mattress tags.

Thanks. Too many UL labels are shoddy stick on things that fade, or the glue dries and they fall off. Seems if there is a law requiring a label, then a metal plate riveted on should be mandated too. Otherwise, people just treat them like mattress tags.
I agree with you completely

Thanks for looking into this.
This monster is going in my pole barn and I would like to make sure I can get insurance on it.
The ash plate has 2 holes where rivets used to hold the metal plate. With I believe the information. I was hoping another Elg owner will chime in, maybe @ElgBurner?

There was a plate riveted on the ash tray, but is missing now. I've contacted 2 people on eBay with the same stove for sale and asked for the info., no reply.