Jotul 118 Top Upper

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Cstewart1

Feb 10, 2021
Lexington Ky
When I bought my 118 it came with two upper tops both are in really good shape and both seem to be identical. Now at the time I didn’t think about but now I’m wondering why do I have two tops? I’ve notice that although they look the same from the outside they are different on the inside. So now I’m wondering what is the purpose in this? Ones flat on the inside while the other has ridges. Is one made for cooking on top of? It’s had me wondering all day.
7549FB95-BDC8-4043-8FC5-4F247AD48CBD.jpeg F32041D4-8501-4844-B6B7-6973955C9F95.jpeg

Just speculating here - Maybe the ribbed one is a later replacement for the earlier model to correct for warpage issues with the unribbed version? Are the part numbers the same? Another guess is that one is not a Jotul part and maybe a Scandia top???

Reactions: Cstewart1
Just speculating here - Maybe the ribbed one is a later replacement for the earlier model to correct for warpage issues with the unribbed version? Are the part numbers the same? Another guess is that one is not a Jotul part and maybe a Scandia top???
I hadn’t thought of those possibility’s I’ll have to wait to get back home to get a better look at the part numbers. I wouldn’t think one would be a Scandia top only going by that both are enameled green the same as the Jotul I’ve not seen one but who knows maybe there’s a enamel Scandia out there some where. Both Tops are in great condition too. Maybe I can get back ahold of the previous owner who bought it new and has been the only owner till I and see what he has to say.

Ah, the pictures only show the undersides. It is unlikely that Scandia would match Jotul enameling.

Reactions: Cstewart1