Jaffrey Automatic Wood Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

JMoreen

Jul 31, 2024
New Hampshire
Good Afternoon,

I have a Jaffrey Automatic Wood Stove that was given to me by a friend. It appears to be in decent shape with no cracks or any major damage. I am having a hard time finding any information on them, and was hoping maybe someone on here has heard of, or is familiar with them? Thanks!

company dissolved in 1982

Therefore, I'd hazard a guess that it won't be very efficient with putting out BTUs per pound of wood put in.

company dissolved in 1982

Therefore, I'd hazard a guess that it won't be very efficient with putting out BTUs per pound of wood put in.
Thanks for the info! I certainly would agree on the low efficiency. I’m looking to just have it in the basement for backup heat and to dry the kids winter clothes.

Thanks for the info! I certainly would agree on the low efficiency. I’m looking to just have it in the basement for backup heat and to dry the kids winter clothes.
But I’m also leaning towards getting a different stove, I just noticed it has some warping on the sides.