Jøtul F55 Questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

RadDad

Oct 16, 2018
Massachusetts
hello everyone.. new to the forum, first time poster but really enjoy the reading, I’ve learned a lot.. I currently have a lopi freedom insert but have wanted to switch to a freestander. Hearth size is no issue, hearth is huge. My question pertains to the height of the f55. With a 30 inch opening hearth to top of fireplace, would I be able to fit the f55? I know it’s about 30 5/8 but I’m thinking that’s total high and the rear exit glue pipe would fit right under my brick? Thanks so much and I look forward to some feedback

Attachments

• 0CBC34FD-7A91-49A4-901F-3BC38F3C3551.jpeg
    0CBC34FD-7A91-49A4-901F-3BC38F3C3551.jpeg
    118.2 KB · Views: 86
My manual shows 30" to the top of the rear exit flue. Could you rear exit and install with a tee on the rear exit which would then connect to the liner? Might be worth a trip to a Jotul dealer to verify. Also ask if there is a short leg kit for this stove or if one from another Jotul model would bolt on.

Be green is right on the 30inches....just put a tape on mine as I was thinking it was a tad lower but must have been thinking center flue. Anyhow the T idea may work