It's finally installed! Thanks to everyone that helped.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tocramed

Sep 30, 2015
WI
I am so excited this is finally done. We went from an old Grizzly with broken blowers that would run uncontrollably to nice new BK Princess.

We quite a bit of help here, I ended up doing most of the work myself since the dealer changed the install price from $700 to $1500 after the insert was delivered. :mad: I did have a licensed installer help with the liner to make sure the warranty was covered, but that was no where near $1500. Easy install since we ran the 6" down the 8" flex liner that was there.

Two smaller fires so far and it appears to be working quite well. I insulated the smoke changer with Roxul ComfortBatts and the walls of the firebox with Roxul Rockboard and durock as others have done here. I couldn't feel any heat on the brick outside (exterior chimney), but my hand is not all that accurate.

Hoping we have enough dry wood for this winter!
Thanks again everyone!

It's finally installed!  Thanks to everyone that helped.

Very nice! That is going to be a huge improvement over the old smoke dragon.

Reactions: Tocramed
Congratulations and nice install. I purchased the princess free standing back in early July and have been jonesing for months to see how it will do this winter. Now it's gonna be in the 80's here in PA tomorrow. If I wouldn't have bought this stove it would be snowing right now :)

Reactions: Jan Pijpelink
Beautiful install! Love it and even more knowing you did most of the work yourself. So rewarding to take on these projects yourself and to have the pride from a job well done.

Nice!

Enjoy. Nice job on getting the work done without a dealer! Looks awesome.

Very nice...

Status
Not open for further replies.