Is this an ok deal on a 2012 hearthstone heritage?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Agreed. I wouldn't pay over $1200 and probably would be looking for a different stove too.

My second stove is a Hearthstone. For a little extra heat on the really cold days it is great. We love it, but I would never try heating 24/7 with it. I agree that it is priced about twice what it should be.

Thanks for the advice! I tossed a number at them and they said 1900. I'll be passing.
I figured it could be a cheaper (and possibly more realiable?) alternative than the new jotul f500 oslo.
The search continues!

Reactions: marty319
People always think their used stuff is worth a fortune.i guess you can't blame them for trying to get what they can.

I would pass on the Hearthstone. This stove is too expensive. They are also prone to cracking in the stones. Especially the back stones. I burned a Heritage for six years and sold it. It’s not a bad stove, but you will burn a lot of wood heating that giant rock. You lose too much heat up the flue. If you just burn the stove part-time on the weekends it’s fine, but for a full time wood burner, I would look elsewhere.

How about this one?? Never been used. Just talked to the guy, says its from 2010.
Edit: see image of back plate-2009.

1597587228718.png

Last edited:
That's a good deal. It won't last long at that price. Good luck.

The mfg. plate makes me wonder if this is a European version and not the US version. Not a big deal if it is.

Woohoo! Score!