Is this a good deal?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here

samflowers

Oct 26, 2021
Baltimore, MD
quadra fire pellet stove E2 Mt Vernon: 10 years old, was told it was a floor model for 5 years and the owner used it for 5. He is selling to move out west and is including the vent pipes. Here's the post
Used Quadra Fire Mt Vernon E2 Pellet stove
2014 model
Was a floor model for a Store for the first 5 years
We have used it the last 5 years at about 3.5 tons of wood pellets per year
Works perfectly
2x Yearly Paid Professional Maintenance plus monthly cleaning done
Last year replaced both circuit boards & heat coil

Has remote & wired thermostats
Extra stove pipe
Manuals & stove paint
He wanted $1500, I talked him down to $1100 and am going tomorrow to see it.
He had a professional weld the leg -I need to ask him how that happened

this would be my first pellet stove. The gas bills for heat are so high. I have to do something and have a tight budget. Andy advice would be appreciated ,
Thanks

Is this a good deal?

Is this a good deal?

Looks like the new model name is Castle possibly. From looking at the cost of one of them starting at $4300 new, it seems like a fair deal to me, as long as what I was heating was on the on the low to mid range of square footage, it shows 700- 1700. If I am getting towards the upper end say 1500+ I would probably keep looking for something larger. Also check where you plan to install it and make sure you will have the clearances you need on the sides and the back. For me the leg thing, as long as it was sturdy and looks like it was welded well, it wouldn't be an issue, I am more of a function over fashion guy.

Reactions: samflowers
First thing i would do is check with your insurance company and find out if that welded leg is going to be a issue for your insurance needs. YOu don't want to have something happen and they void your insurance because the stove had been repaired/modified

Reactions: samflowers
Thanks so much for your reply. I think I'm going for a new comfortbilt, I'm by myself in a end of row home 2,000 sq feet max and they are on sale. I am just trying to get my heating costs down. Gas boiler heating bill from last year was enraging actually.

The Quads are good units but my dad has had issues with his control board. I’d be tempted for $1100 if I could see it start up and run for 30 minutes.

I think I'm going for a new comfortbilt,
The one thing I tell people is to buy a stove that will heat a bigger area than your space.
It is much easier to turn a stove up in cold weather than get more heat from a maxed-out stove

Thanks so much for your reply. I think I'm going for a new comfortbilt, I'm by myself in a end of row home 2,000 sq feet max and they are on sale. I am just trying to get my heating costs down. Gas boiler heating bill from last year was enraging actually.
i know the feeling about the gas prices that's why i installed one years ago. Not to mention the gas company's are crooks last year one of my bills was double of what it has ever been even before i put in the stove. When i contacted them they said it was a cold month and refused to acknowledge the previous bills, im sure they read someone elses meter.