Is there a difference between the Summit LE firebox and the Alderlea T6 LE firebox?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Derf Summerfreeze

Oct 10, 2023
Southern Ontario
Folks, I'm trying to sort out an anomaly. My 2022 T6 did not exhaust well until I modified the flame shield (see the thread on when did the flame shield sprout wings). Would someone who owns a Summit LE mind taking a measurement when they have time? Specifically I would like to know the distance from the top of the brick rail at the front of the stove to the underside of the top plate steel top. The reason I ask is because I have not found any particular post about the new low emissions Summit stoves having an exhaust restriction yet I thought both it and the T6 shared essentially the same firebox and new style flame shield. Thank-you, Derf

Last edited:
Calling @begreen as he has one of these two I believe.

They are identical inside. Look at the Alderlea innards parts list. They are Summit parts.

The dimensions are on the PE website, either in the clearances document or the owners manual itself.

A little late to the party, but the Summit LE and the Alderlea T6 have the same fire box along with two other PE products.

1704140202329.png

Reactions: Derf Summerfreeze