Is Ashful being Bashful?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

WiscWoody

Minister of Fire
Dec 24, 2011
Winter WI
I haven’t seen any posts from Ashful in some time now. He usually spoke right up and I liked most of his opines in the forums. Anyone in the know?

Reactions: JimBear
Is Ashful being Bashful?
Huh? I’m right here! What’s up, Woody?

Now the one I’m wondering about is Lake Girl. Hope everything is good with her, it’s been awhile.
Ah- there you are. I thought maybe you jumped ship for a certain hoarders site out there like some others have done in the past. I have to admit that I do get on that site at times but I’m mainly here on Hearth since I cut my wood stove teeth right here. And now that you mention it I haven’t seen Lake Girl for some tome too. Oh and hey...since I have you here I found a splitter for ya... and I know exactly what you would do to it... swap out the big cylinder on it and put a 4 or 5 incher and whammo! You’d have a spitter with a 3 second cycle time lol. Here it is. It says it has a 6 foot bore. That’s a typo of course... same for the tires.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Ashful
Hah! Let’s see... a 6 foot bore at an assumed 3300 PSI would be... a 6714 ton splitter!

I’m a big fan of the 4 inch cylinder, which is all the force I ever need. Put a big pump behind it, and make it go fast!

Reactions: Whitepine2
I was hoping you were just busy putting up that new big pole barn for your trailer and stacks.

Reactions: Ashful
I was hoping you were just busy putting up that new big pole barn for your trailer and stacks.

I wish, but weather furloughed me. Specifically, I need to infringe on the Wetlands buffer, which is likely to cause a re-evaluation of the wetlands adjacent to my property. Unfortunately, right now my entire back yard looks like wetlands, due to the unbelievable amount of rain we have had consistently over the last year. So, it is a very bad time to open that can of worms.

As soon as we have a good long dry spell, I will be pursuing this.

Reactions: spirilis
Hah! Let’s see... a 6 foot bore at an assumed 3300 PSI would be... a 6714 ton splitter!

I’m a big fan of the 4 inch cylinder, which is all the force I ever need. Put a big pump behind it, and make it go fast!

Just picked up a wolf ridge mfg. inverted skid steer splitter with a 4.5” cylinder to use on the front of the 2018 Cat 262d skid steer with high flow, high pressure hydraulics. 32 gallons per min, and 4000 psi available. Cycle time is like 4secs maybe 5 at most. 6 way wedge into a 30” oak round ......BOOOM! I smile every time the switch is pressed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: 2fireplacesinSC
Just picked up a wolf ridge mfg. inverted skid steer splitter with a 4.5” cylinder to use on the front of the 2018 Cat 262d skid steer with high flow, high pressure hydraulics. 32 gallons per min, and 4000 psi available. Cycle time is like 4secs maybe 5 at most. 6 way wedge into a 30” oak round ......BOOOM! I smile every time the switch is pressed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Wolf Ridge Mfg is just south of me 70 miles and I have a new skid too... maybe I’ll look into it.

Reactions: aaronk25
Nice! Color me green.