Insulating blower power cord?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rougement

Hearth Supporter
Oct 20, 2009
Mn, US
The manual for my Vogelzang Colonial states that the cord has to be at least 12" away from stove surfaces. Since my insert is in an alcove about 3' off the floor, this means the cord dangling accross the fireplace on it's way to a wall outlet. Ugly.

I can hide it easy enough but it would be about 4" from the insert, running alongside and up. I'm not worried about heat, the concrete block wall it would run along gets warm but not hot, even with the insert blazing away all day but I don't want to break code. Are there any good ways to shield this cable? Maybe there's a way of replacing it with cable that is rated for high temps? Anyone done something like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.