Installing new Lopi Answer - 45 degree connector?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Kyburner

Nov 2, 2021
US
We’re installing a new stove to sit within the firebox, but even after cutting the damper, etc. the turn with the flex pipe just doesn’t want to seat straight. Could we use a 45 connector coming out of the stove to connect to the flex pipe? Or should we try harder to bend the flex pipe? Based on the picture, burned once, the discoloration around the fitting bothers me and suggests it needs to fit straighter.

Installing new Lopi Answer - 45 degree connector? Installing new Lopi Answer - 45 degree connector?

Yes I got a Lopi Liberty sitting in my fireplace after I opened it up this year. Because of the angle and me wanting it to sit further out into the room I have a 45 degree adapter coming out of my stove to the flexible liner. It works great with no issues. Contact the supplier you bought the stove from and they should have the adapters.

Reactions: Kyburner
I have the 30-degree above on mine.

I saw where my Answer would line up with the liner and ordered the 15 and 30. I let the person that dropped the liner down and do the final hookup pick.

Thank you all for the replies! I’ll see what a 45 looks like since I can get one today, if It doesn’t work, then I’ll order a 15 or 30

Where are you? If you're driving distance, I have a 15 in the garage.

Edit. Oh. Duh. KY.

45 will probably get hotter...id try harder