Installation help.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Niko

Minister of Fire
Nov 12, 2013
Dutchess county, NY
So this stove is not in used at all.

I would like to put another stove in this spot tho. What you see is the black pipe going into cement block chimney and the inside liner itself is clay and it goes straight up about 15-18 feet.

This is my question what type of chimney do i buy to run inside that chimeny, flex, rigid, class a? All the flex pipe i see install into a insert. I never saw class a in a chimney. So if i use flex pipe is their a right angle adapter to connect to the balck pipe? Id like to run thid inside the existing chimney if possible so i domt have 2 stainless steel cylinders outside my house.

Obvisouly i am just getting ideas, i started a thread about insualtion a couple of weeks ago and i got some really awesome help from everyone and im going to spray my attic artight then use cellulose to finish it up. But i still would like a stove upstairs, But im gonna buy a smaller stove.

How do you guys think this should be done. 6 inch pipe is what i would have to use.

Installation help.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is my question what type of chimney do i buy to run inside that chimeny, flex, rigid, class a?
you would get a liner there are several options for liners you can get different thicknesses of flex liners light wall smooth interior light wall mid weight and heavy wall flex. For wood we always use either mid weight or heavy wall but regular light wall will work ok it just is not as durable. Do not get the smooth interior light wall it is junk. Then there is rigid which is very durable but I find it kind of a pain to install personally. Then you have the insulation options you can get preinsulated you can wrap it with insulation or you can use pour in. But doing pour in correctly takes some skill

you would get a liner there are several options for liners you can get different thicknesses of flex liners light wall smooth interior light wall mid weight and heavy wall flex. For wood we always use either mid weight or heavy wall but regular light wall will work ok it just is not as durable. Do not get the smooth interior light wall it is junk. Then there is rigid which is very durable but I find it kind of a pain to install personally. Then you have the insulation options you can get preinsulated you can wrap it with insulation or you can use pour in. But doing pour in correctly takes some skill

Yea but when i get to the black pipe how do i connect it? Do they have a T that i can use on a flex pipe? So i can then run my double wall black pipe to it?

Yea but when i get to the black pipe how do i connect it? Do they have a T that i can use on a flex pipe? So i can then run my double wall black pipe to it?
Yes absolutely it is a 2 part tee. You have a tee body that has a small flange on it that gets attached to the liner then dropped down the chimney. Then there is a snout that slides around that and a clamp tightens it down.

This video will show you the process

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This video will show you the process

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thanks begreen amd bholler. I knew i missing something. Cause I was lookig for flex liners and didnt see a 2 part T amd the yoitube videos i saw everyone was connecting too a insert.

Pretty cool man thanks!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.