Install question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

john84

Oct 22, 2013
Mass
I am planning to install my new stove this weekend it will be rear vented into my fireplace.

My question is should I use a basic single wall Tee or double wall?

Thanks

The snout can be trimmed.

Is there any benefit to using that Tee instead of a basic single wall black tee? I don't mind spending the extra money I would like it done right.

Thanks

Is there any benefit to using that Tee instead of a basic single wall black tee?
you will never have to replace it and it will be connected correctly. If you use a blak pipe tee you will need an appliance adapter the nthe tee which is just one more connection that could fail. The fewer connections the better

Thank you guys for the great info, I have a tee on order.
One more question my new stove(jotul f55) is a bit taller then my old stove which was a VC encore. My question is there is probably 3-4 inches of slack in the SS liner is it ok to leave that or should I cut it.

Thanks

You'll want the horizontal section to be pitched slightly uphill toward the chimney. Trim the liner if necessary.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.