Insert stove adaptor

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Ctwoodtick

Minister of Fire
Jun 5, 2015
Southeast CT
are all wood insert stove adaptors supposed to have 3 pilot holes for screws or is it normal that some have only 2 holes? Wondering if 2 screws or rivets is sufficient or not.

are all wood insert stove adaptors supposed to have 3 pilot holes for screws or is it normal that some have only 2 holes? Wondering if 2 screws or rivets is sufficient or not.
No it should have 3 atleat. What type of liner are you using though? If it is light wall it should be attached with a clamp not screws.

Some stove adapters have NO HOLES. Some inserts have NO flue collar.
The weight of the liner secures the fit into the insert.
No all liners or connector pipe must be fastened to the stove or insert mechanically.

This is the new install of heavy wall liner. I just left a message with the company to call me back on this so he can come back out to put in third screw. I can see where in the back there actually is a small pilot hole for a third one. In the event that he says it's not needed, is there code I can reference to indicate I know what I'm talking about? Thanks

This is the new install of heavy wall liner. I just left a message with the company to call me back on this so he can come back out to put in third screw. I can see where in the back there actually is a small pilot hole for a third one. In the event that he says it's not needed, is there code I can reference to indicate I know what I'm talking about? Thanks
Yes code requires atleast 3 fasteners per joint. I don't know the code off hand though.

Thanks-will let you know how it turns out