Insert Flue Adapter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

gggvan

Dec 6, 2012
Hello, the service tech at Osburn told me about an adapter that will make connecting the stove to the bottom of the liner easier for stoves with little vertical clearance. Anyone know of such an adapter?

Perhaps this?
Insert Flue Adapter

My only objection to this system is that it screws to the liner. It really should have a band clamp instead, especially with thin liners.

Edit - wrong. See below.

Last edited:
Does part (or all) of it just get left in place then?

My only objection to this system is that it screws to the liner. It really should have a band clamp instead, especially with thin liners.

I was wondering about the same thing after seeing that diagram in my Drolet instruction manual. But after looking at the specific instruction manual for the adapter, it looks like you're support to attach it to the appliance connector (which is then attached to the liner using the band clamp)...I think. https://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/yhst-95622685483394/sbi-ac02006-manual.pdf

Once my order comes in I'll take some pics and post them here

Reactions: begreen
I was wondering about the same thing after seeing that diagram in my Drolet instruction manual. But after looking at the specific instruction manual for the adapter, it looks like you're support to attach it to the appliance connector (which is then attached to the liner using the band clamp).
My oversight. You are right. I just downloaded the directions and see that this is meant to be used with a flex liner adapter which has the band clamp. They didn't show this in the product illustration. Then the adapter gets screwed to the liner fixation system. Be sure to order the flex adapter too.

Interesting. I have never seen one of these before. My stove is very difficult to push the stove and pipe together on the rear of the stove. I cleaned out my liner over the weekend and decided I was going to build something just like this to pull the pipe tight into the stove flange. Easier that struggling to reach behind the stove through the 3" gap.

My only complaint is that it makes it a little more difficult to clean up through the stove. But still possible with a rotary cleaner