Info on the Osburn Inspire 2000

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

bwalsh019

Jun 24, 2020
New Jersey
Hi Everyone,
I am looking to purchase the Osburn Inspire 2000 in my fireplace. Was wondering if anyone has this insert and if so, what they think about it? I have read reviews that the fan is noisy. Is this true? Also any pictures of the insert would be appreciated!
I am looking to heat a 20x15 living room and 15x20 dining room in a 110 year old, semi drafty house.
Thank you

It's pretty quiet right now, but early reports for the next generation of Osburn stoves have been good. The Inspire looks like a tweaking of a time-proven design with no radical changes. On the prior 2000 models, folks have noted that the blower noise is not bad when running at medium and low speed.

Reactions: bwalsh019
Also looking into one of these...wife loves the minimalist look of the stove.

Did you end up pulling the trigger on this one?

Do i understand it correctly that it can also be used as a free standing stove?

You two should chat.

Hi Everyone,
I am looking to purchase the Osburn Inspire 2000 in my fireplace. Was wondering if anyone has this insert and if so, what they think about it? I have read reviews that the fan is noisy. Is this true? Also any pictures of the insert would be appreciated!
I am looking to heat a 20x15 living room and 15x20 dining room in a 110 year old, semi drafty house.
Thank you
Did ever pull the trigger on this? If so how do you like it so far?