Identify this Hearthstone

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

southbalto

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
Nov 20, 2008
Mid-Atlantic
I was told it is a Heritage. It looks like the older (pre 2003) 8020 model but the rear of it is all cast iron as opposed to soapstone.
Front
[Hearth.com] Identify this Hearthstone

Rear

Any ideas on how to figure out when it was made? Ways to get a copy of the owners manual?

Thanks

either an old heritage or harvester model.... I'll see if i can get you a blowup of the parts...

it will not let me do the file to the thread.... pm me your email, and i will send it to you

Think it's a Harvest. Wasn't that their Catalytic stove?

tickbitty said:
Think it's a Harvest. Wasn't that their Catalytic stove?

It looks like it. I guess I should of read up a bit more on it before pulling the trigger. The seller indicated it was the notcat heritage.

Now I need to track down a manual.

What is that on the bottom/back of the stove? Looks like a grid, kind of looks like a Cat to me. Is it removable?

CTburning said:
What is that on the bottom/back of the stove? Looks like a grid, kind of looks like a Cat to me. Is it removable?

Yea that's the cat.

As I mentioned in my previous post, at the time of purchase, I thought this was a noncat model.

I spent some time cleaning the stove this afternoon. The cat looks structurally sound and clean. What are the tell tale signs that a cat needs replacement?

Plugged up, or falling apart. They get brittle with age/useage, and dirty/plugged if "engaged" but not operated at proper temps.

southbalto said:
I was told it is a Heritage. It looks like the older (pre 2003) 8020 model but the rear of it is all cast iron as opposed to soapstone.
Front

Rear

Any ideas on how to figure out when it was made? Ways to get a copy of the owners manual?

Thanks

That's definitely the Bandwagon Jumper 2.1

Status
Not open for further replies.