Identification and advice on insert Lopi?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

john26

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Oct 27, 2008
Wildwood MO
Hi I am looking at a used insert to place in a masonry fire place. This will be the second one in the house located off the kitchen. I found what I thought was a Lopi Freedom on facebook for $380. After a little further investigation I now suspect it maybe an X-96. I am going to look at it later today any advice on what model this is and what a good price would be or if its even worth buying. I am waiting on the buyer to send a model name or a picture of the metal plate. Identification and advice on insert Lopi? Identification and advice on insert Lopi?

There should be a UL tag on it designating the model.

I often wonder why people dont shine or clean up the stuff they sell.

Reactions: blacktail
I went and looked at it the tag is missing. It is a pre EPA stove unless it had a cat and its missing. There is either a cat missing on top below the baffle or some fire bricks. The hinge pins are worn I had to lift the door to latch it. The blower was not working either. They told me I could have it for $250 and it was only a few years old. They knew nothing about the stove it came out of a house they were flipping.