Ideas for stove chimney

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

SeanKelly

Jan 2, 2020
Ireland
Hi Guys .I am putting an old solid fuel stove in my bar out door smoking area to keep my smoking customers warm for the winter .The roof of my smoking area is 16 ft high and to save some money I was told that 6" Gun barrell would be my cheapest option for the chimney .One 20 ft length is what I was told to use .Would this be an option I wonder .I am using a Chimnia now and its rather smokey so a nice old stove is what I would like to use .I would really love some advice guys .Thanks in advance

Hi Guys .I am putting an old solid fuel stove in my bar out door smoking area to keep my smoking customers warm for the winter .The roof of my smoking area is 16 ft high and to save some money I was told that 6" Gun barrell would be my cheapest option for the chimney .One 20 ft length is what I was told to use .Would this be an option I wonder .I am using a Chimnia now and its rather smokey so a nice old stove is what I would like to use .I would really love some advice guys .Thanks in advance
I don't know anything about requirements in Ireland but here you would need to use insulated chimney pipe through the roof

If you use a solid metal pipe, the main thing will be to keep it far away from any combustibles. 18" is the general guideline for single-wall metal pipe.

If you use a solid metal pipe, the main thing will be to keep it far away from any combustibles. 18" is the general guideline for single-wall metal pipe.
Thanks guys .Would 6 inch diameter lengths of ducting be ok if I insulate where it will be going through a galvanise roof.Will it stick the heat I wonder

Thanks guys .Would 6 inch diameter lengths of ducting be ok if I insulate where it will be going through a galvanise roof.Will it stick the heat I wonder
Just get some proper chimney pipe

No.

Reactions: St. Coemgen