ID This Scrounge

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Wawa Coffee

Jul 24, 2016
SEPA
A friend took down this tree and said I could take what I wanted. He said on the phone this was locust but it isn't. Any help would be appreciated. I don't have pictures of the leaves unfortunately.

Thanks in advance for the replies!

xhH7iQr.jpg

M92oTKX.jpg

MbplwFo

Honestly I wouldn't have described it as pink. Looks like the same color as White Ash to be honest, but it clearly isn't ash.

Better give that a couple of years to season. Honey Locust is usually salmon (pink) in color when fresh cut & split.

There is the thornless variety but the wood is different versus the spiked variety. Thornless way different than Black Locust.

20190507_175210.jpg Definatly honey locust. This is what it looks like after almost 2.5 years css and it all metered under 20% this past winter when I burned some of it.

Last edited: