I just love this Englander 30 Secondary Burn

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoon

Hearth Supporter
Oct 2, 2009
Southwest Missouri
I am really impressed at how easy it is to get the 30 to go nuclear. Once you get a coal bed, baby watch out. Tonight I threw in some greener red oak, still did it. Heck it is a fairly mild night and I was trying to cool it off a bit. Epic fail.

Greener oak will fairly explode in that sucker.

This stuff was only six months off the stump red oak.

Attachments

• [Hearth.com] I just love this Englander 30 Secondary Burn
    nc-30kickin.webp
    13.1 KB · Views: 566
Wish I was having that luck in my 13. It was great last year and this year I have had nothing but problems. I can't seem to get a hot enough fire, wood is dry, checked the seal and replaced it to make sure, wood is dry, just not having any luck.....I am about ready to replace it!

James

Spoon said:
I am really impressed at how easy it is to get the 30 to go nuclear. Once you get a coal bed, baby watch out. Tonight I threw in some greener red oak, still did it. Heck it is a fairly mild night and I was trying to cool it off a bit. Epic fail.

So, Spoon,
I'm curious how you burn the beast. How cold is it in Missouri during the coldest part of the year? Do you maintain a constant or near constant temp for more than 4-5 hours? How hot-400, 500, 600?
In the cold we've been having, I need my stove to stay around 550-600* to keep the house at a comfortable 70-72*.
Anyway, all info is appreciated. Thanks.

Wiseguy13 said:
Wish I was having that luck in my 13. It was great last year and this year I have had nothing but problems. I can't seem to get a hot enough fire, wood is dry, checked the seal and replaced it to make sure, wood is dry, just not having any luck.....I am about ready to replace it!

James

checked the flue? whats the refractory above the tubes looking like? the stove itself hasnt likely changed, somthing must have however, find the variable you will find the solution.

PapaDave said:
So, Spoon,
I'm curious how you burn the beast. How cold is it in Missouri during the coldest part of the year? Do you maintain a constant or near constant temp for more than 4-5 hours? How hot-400, 500, 600?
In the cold we've been having, I need my stove to stay around 550-600* to keep the house at a comfortable 70-72*.
Anyway, all info is appreciated. Thanks.

I've been experimenting with this a bit, as I'm trying to work on my technique to get less heat out of my 30.

I've found that this stove will only burn at 400 degrees under two circumstances...

1) On the way up to 550

2) On the way down from 550

-SF

stoveguy2esw said:
Wiseguy13 said:

James

checked the flue? whats the refractory above the tubes looking like? the stove itself hasnt likely changed, somthing must have however, find the variable you will find the solution.

Plugged chimney cap?

Status
Not open for further replies.