Husqvarna gas = TruFuel

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Enplater

Burning Hunk
Jun 6, 2017
NH
A sales/parts guy at my local tractor dealer said he just found out that husqvarna canned 2 stroke fuel is made by TruFuel.
I’m just wondering if anyone else has heard this. If anyone doesn’t know, Trufuel does not have a good reputation in the 2 stroke community.
This doesn’t affect me whatsoever because I mix my own gas, usually I use VP or Kawi pre mix oil and 93 pump gas with star tron stabilizer, never a problem.
The reason I was at the dealer was to buy my new MS261 c-m. The guy was praising motomix which supposedly has stihl hp ultra premix oil, which also has bad reviews.
I recently started running 40:1 instead of 50: 1 with the hopes of a little more oil protection so we’ll see how the mtronic 261 likes the 40:1.
Any thoughts on TruFuel or Husqvarna?

If Husqvarna is will to put their name on the side of the can then I wouldn't worry about it. That being said I've ran Husqvarna fuel, avgas, premium ethanol free gasoline, and regular gasoline with ethanol in my saw. My saw runs better on pump fuel, mostly because the canned fuel and avgas has too low a Reid Vapour Pressure rating to vaporize correctly in the winter in these little carbs.

And why would I pay $30/gallon for fuel? Doesn't make sense to me, I only had the Husqvarna fuel as it gave me extra warranty on the saw by purchasing it with the saw, and the avgas was extra from my snowmobile. Good pump fuel works fine.

If Husqvarna is will to put their name on the side of the can then I wouldn't worry about it. That being said I've ran Husqvarna fuel, avgas, premium ethanol free gasoline, and regular gasoline with ethanol in my saw. My saw runs better on pump fuel, mostly because the canned fuel and avgas has too low a Reid Vapour Pressure rating to vaporize correctly in the winter in these little carbs.

And why would I pay $30/gallon for fuel? Doesn't make sense to me, I only had the Husqvarna fuel as it gave me extra warranty on the saw by purchasing it with the saw, and the avgas was extra from my snowmobile. Good pump fuel works fine.

Yeah, I would only use VP canned fuel and it’s about $27/gal. The only reason I ever used it is because my new 261 and shindaiwa EB910 came with a full tank of VP.
I also bought a quart to store my saw and backpack for winter.
Other than that I use pump 93, VP or Kawasaki premix oil and star tron stabilizer. (40:1)