Huge Mulberry- 2 houses over

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

njtomatoguy

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
Jun 20, 2006
Maple Shade, NJ
Damn,

If it ain't raining wood around here!

Neighbor had a huge mulberry cut down, saw what i took, came over and asked me to take more. I explained that as she could see, from her deck, I had no room in the yard. She said if I stacked it- I could store it in her yard!

She said they really like the smell of the wood smoke, and would rather store it for me than have it go to a landfill. She loved the tree, but has 2 white dogs and beige carpet.. not a good mix.

I'll probably pick away at it until the township comes and gets it.. Anybody near philly need some mulberry? I'll help load-some of the rounds are huge. PM me for directions..

Bob

Take her up on the free storage. Talk about a great neighbor!

Must be nice. I missed out on a neighbors black locust tree. It was gone after I got off work. If you have enough wood already you could cut it up and sell it. Or take your neighbor up on their offer and stack it in their yard. Nice neighbors.

With the heat value of Mulberry if worse comes to worse take some of your lower grade wood to the dump to make room. Mulberry is fantastic firewood.

agree with all. Mulberry is great. Splits like a dream (unless you hit a knot of course) and burns really nice.

Great score NJ.

I just realized this is the first year I haven't run across some mulberry. Now I'm a little bummed. :down: I like all the popping and sparks.

This year is mixed,oak, elm, cherry, maple, next year split and stacked is oak, sycamore, gum and elm. Following year is oak, and elm(rounds). Took about half cord of mulberry so far..

I guess I'll just have to find room for the mulberry.

Neighbors are great people, but the fact of storing in someone else's yard just does'nt sit well with me.

Less grass to cut :)

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.