HS Tarm Solo Plus what size rope gasket?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks for your reply

they wont ship outside usa, I even contacted the manufacturer direct and received a reply from the managing director in denmark saying although they dont deal direct with end users he would help me "without problems". that was two weeks ago and still havent received a reply with a price or procedure for buying service parts so starting to lose hope and look for alternative solution. if the main director cant help me what hope is there....

cant a normal fibreglass rope gasket do the trick?

Im in Hungary Eastern Europe.

This is the gasket that goes in the groove of the doors, Is there another gasket that goes behind the door frame between the frame and the boiler itself? Whats that made of?

Yes, each door frame has two gaskets - they were totally flat and fairly hard. One went between the boiler and jacket and the other between jacket and door frame.

These could easily be replaced with silicone caulking or similar material.

I contacted one party who may have gaskets to see about shipping.

The main door gaskets have to seal fairly tightly. Maybe someone here can inform us if other similar boilers in Europe use the same type of gasket. EKO, etc may use something similar.

It appears to me that the original gasket is a fiberglass but dipped in liquid silicone.

Hello

Anybody know what size rope gasket for HS Tarm Solo Plus fire and ash doors?

Thanks and regards
Hi Blofeld69,

If you are still looking for a door gasket, please PM me or email me at [email protected] and I will get you a quote for the gasket and shipping. Please be sure to include your address.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.