How's the hip???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

GAMMA RAY

Minister of Fire
Jan 16, 2011
PA.
Just wondering how the hip is doing Dennis.......just thinkin of ya!!!! Keep us posted.

So far, so good. Got a lot of swelling and still a lot of pain but I did not lay down enough yesterday and paid the price. I really don't like laying down in the daytime unless it is absolutely necessary. Well, I have to remember to do it for a few days now. But even though it is swelling, that is to be expected. I do not have as much black and blue as with the last one so maybe that is good. Hope to get a little better every day. Until then, my time on the forum will be a bit short. Thanks for your concern.

Backwoods Savage said:
So far, so good. Got a lot of swelling and still a lot of pain but I did not lay down enough yesterday and paid the price. I really don't like laying down in the daytime unless it is absolutely necessary. Well, I have to remember to do it for a few days now. But even though it is swelling, that is to be expected. I do not have as much black and blue as with the last one so maybe that is good. Hope to get a little better every day. Until then, my time on the forum will be a bit short. Thanks for your concern.

Glad to hear you're doing OK Dennis.. Make sure you listen to the therapist and more importantly your wife.. :)

Ray

Dennis, if I read this correctly, this is you're 2nd. replacement? Please tell me your insurance company is not "Skynet". Thanks, JB :lol:

Get well soon friend. We need those pics of you on the quad and messing around on the backwoods.

Sounds like you are doing OK. Follow the doctor's/therapist's orders. I have sympathy with your pain, as I had a broken femoral neck a few years ago that is held in place by three titanium screws. Rehabilitation is hard, but it's good to be alive now rather than 50 years ago. Keep a positive spirit and know that folks are pulling for you.

Try to sit back during this recovery time and enjoy the fire! Do some reading or watch the boob tube. Spend more time giving advice to newbies on Hearth.com. Search the web for useless stuff, if you can do it laying down? Enjoy the time, it will soon be over! ;-P
Then you're back to the wood slave duties.
Recover well,

Chris

Chris, there won't be much boob tube watching around here. We plan on watching the Super Bowl but if it turns out like the last several years, after the Super bowl the tv won't be turned on until sometime next winter. I do hope to spend a goodly amount of time on the computer. I'll be active on the forum and I also will spend quite a bit of time playing chess. After all, they said I would need some exercise!

Thanks everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.