How to reattach front air baffle - Englander 13-NC

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

KingPoland

Jun 17, 2020
Northern Virginia
This last season what I'm calling a front air baffle on my 13-NC came off when the two screws holding it in sheared off. I tried using J-B Weld 37901 ExtremeHeat High Temperature Resistant Metallic Paste to reattach it after cleaning the metal on both sides that make contact, and that lasted three months before coming loose. At this point I'm considering drilling out the remaining screws and re-tapping to use new screws, but even if that does work I don't know that those screws will last any longer.

Any recommendations on the best way to reattach the front air baffle?

How to reattach front air baffle - Englander 13-NC

I'd just run a couple new stainless steel self tappers through it.
I doubt that JB high temp held up for any time at all...that gets VERY hot there...furnace cement would have held up better probably