Q&A How much to install and buy a wood stove ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

QandA

Staff member
Nov 27, 2012
Question:

Hi I am a new home owner and have some questions about stoves. We have forced hot air heat and I would like to add on a stove. What is the typical cost of adding on a stove. I will need to do a full installation as we do not have an appropriate chimney for a stove now. I am would like to install a wood burning unit. The home size is 1500 foot. The stove will be in the basement(raised ranch) which is a 500 foot area. Please forward me some information that will help me out.

Answer:

The chimney can be masonry or a pre-fab metal class A...Either way, figure $1700. to $3000+ installed.....

A stove will run from $800 - $2300 for a decent one.....
Add-On furnaces are available which can tie right into your hot air heating system. You can see some at the Energy King link below.

Link: Energy King Add-On Furnaces Link

Status
Not open for further replies.