How much is My Jotul F500 from 2005 worth??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

auroraschein

Mar 18, 2021
Burlington, VT
Trying to sell this baby. Served us well between 2005-20010 or 11. Was a primary heat source but worked in tandom with natural gas. Bought new. In good condition. How much should I be selling it for??

How much is My Jotul F500 from 2005 worth??How much is My Jotul F500 from 2005 worth??How much is My Jotul F500 from 2005 worth??How much is My Jotul F500 from 2005 worth??

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like you are missing a couple of parts and the end of the burning season is approaching, so that will negatively impact the selling price. That being said, the F500 is a nice stove. It is hard to say what it worth. The market determines that. Start advertising at the high end of what you will accept and see what happens.

Reactions: auroraschein
If you want max $$ clean it up really thoroughly, get any rust removed and paint any areas needing touch up. Make sure all parts are present and installed correctly. And wait until September to sell it.

I’d probably advertise it for about half of new retail after fixing it up as above. As is I’d advertise it at 1/3 of new retail.

But that is my somewhat unknowledgeable opinion. But those percentages are generally pretty close to what will get a durable, used good to sell.

It looks pretty good, though it could use wiping down with a damp rag. With only 5-6 seasons on it, I'd sell it for $1200 now. The heating season is almost over so the market has quieted down. Cleaned up, new gaskets, and repainted it could sell for $1600 next Sept or Oct. and it would go quickly.

It looks pretty good, though it could use wiping down with a damp rag. With only 5-6 seasons on it, I'd sell it for $1200 now. The heating season is almost over so the market has quieted down. Cleaned up, new gaskets, and repainted it could sell for $1600 next Sept or Oct. and it would go quickly.

Quick google search says $3200 for a new one. So I was pretty close with 1/3 as is now, half fixed up in the fall.

Quick google search says $3200 for a new one. So I was pretty close with 1/3 as is now, half fixed up in the fall.
Yup, the new ones are expensive now. It may even sell quickly now. Some folks are looking for pre-2020 Oslos.

Is that the front ashlip sitting in the firebox? If so, I don't see missing parts.

Yes it is. Ok I was wondering if that’s what people were talking about. I need to take new pictures with that part attached obviously. But no other missing parts right?