How much is my Hearthstone stove worth?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

stewartkg

Aug 26, 2024
Kansas City, MO
This Hearthstone gas stove came with my house when I purchased it in 1995. I used to use it but haven't in 15 years. It looks somewhat like a Homestead model although that model came out in 2000 and is wood burning, so it can't be that. The door is also different and doesn't have a handle since it never really needs to be opened.

All the surfaces are in good condition and it should be in working condition too since it's been sitting in a safe place for the past 20 years and doesn't seem to have any damage to the components or the surfaces. What's the resale value, and how would I go about finding a buyer?

How much is my Hearthstone stove worth? How much is my Hearthstone stove worth?

A modern gas stove is not cheap. This one looks to be in nice condition and soapstone gas stoves are rare. To the right buyer it may be worth quite a bit. Finding that buyer will be the trick. I would ask $1200 if it still works fine. Does it have a standing pilot or piezo ignition?

That’s not soapstone, BG. The unit might be a Tucson model. Those Hearthstone gas units have granite inserts. More than likely, that old unit is a piezo electric ignition model with a standing pilot. It might be worth $400-$500. Looks to be in good shape.