How much for Warner wood stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

jbmaine

Hearth Supporter
Apr 4, 2009
USA
Hi all, I have a Warner wood stove I have been using for the last few years. I am upgrading and will be putting it up for sale. Any idea how to figure out what a fair asking price would be? Its in good shape and works well. I don't expect a lot of $$ for it but would like to get what it's worth.
thanks for your help
JB

Interesting stove company, even if it's 25+ years old. This is just wild guess as it depends on the local market demand, model and the shape of the stove, but I would guess that if it's in great condition, it might pull a hundred or two. Note, this is not high woodstove sales season. The difference between selling now and fall, just as it's getting seriously chilly, can be quite significant.

BeGreen said:
Interesting stove company, even if it's 25+ years old. This is just wild guess as it depends on the local market demand, model and the shape of the stove, but I would guess that if it's in great condition, it might pull a hundred or two. Note, this is not high woodstove sales season. The difference between selling now and fall, just as it's getting seriously chilly, can be quite significant.

Thanks for the reply. I Had not thought about waiting until this fall to sell it. That's a good idea. Could you clarify what you mean when you said " interesting stove company"
Thanks
JB

I like a lot of the 70's, early 80's stoves that were trying to burn cleanly before it was mandated. Warner looks like they were working to increase efficiency in a tough steel stove.

we can get up to 600 for a warner, fisher, all nighter, etc in good shape. just buzz off the rust, repaint and re brick the cracked firebicks, and stick to 600 bucks. some old timer will snatch it up in uncle henry's

That might be last years price (in central Maine)......I'd say more like $250-300 and they haul it away...maybe $350 if you clean and paint it.

BTW, original retail was about $400.00 depending on model.

I visited the Warner Stove works in MD and got to know the owner way back when. Our store sold the brand...very heavy duty!
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/wiki/Warner_Stove/

This was in the days long before computer controlled machines, etc.
I remember that the rig they used to cut the plates used a regular oxy/acet torch mounted on some kind of a jig which followed a pattern...sort of like those artist things where you trace a drawing and it gets sketched by a pencil on the end of the rig.

Status
Not open for further replies.